Round 39 - Scott Kalush: C, UC Davis, (CA)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I know @RZNJ have had our disagreements over this topic in the past. But I would say, it all depends on who you think is the better defender between Westburg and Mayo for 3B? Who you think is the better defensive infielder between Holliday and Mayo.? And who is the better RF between Mayo and Kjerstad? - Ultimately the answer to these questions will determine where guys end up playing?
    • I like this move too Kopech could be a weapon out of the bullpen and the cost to get him in prospects shouldn't be outrageous. I'm sure there's already a thread on the White Sox board proposing Samuel Basallo and Cade Povich for Kopech.
    • I'm just sitting here trying to picture this exact same video and music, except with John Angelos in place of DR.  Its literally unimaginable. If there is one thing DR is showing, its that he's a fan of the team he owns.  That's the one thing (along with his fortune) that gives me hope for an extension or two.  How could a guy who's this big a FAN let Gunnar walk w/o giving his absolute best effort to retain him?
    • Worth considering. If he is the odd man out from the rotation I would like to see how Kremer does in relief and maybe work his way into high leverage. Still, Grayson's stuff is more intriguing as a potential lights out closer. 
    • I think DR has already shaken more hands and done more fan photos since March than PA ever did.  DR is approaching ownership like a fan, because he’s doing what I would do if I had the money to buy a team. I wasn’t sure he was going to leave the MASN broadcast booth on Opening Day, he was having fun talking O’s history with Jim Palmer!
    • That’s possible especially since you wonder who will be out there. If I were Getz, at this point, I probably hold onto him a little while and see if his raw numbers get better but that’s a risk too. 
    • I have the assume the extra off days early are for two reasons - weather in many cities much more questionable in April/early May, and pitchers aren't fully ramped so the extra days off provides more rest. I kind of like how the minors do it though - just off every Monday, and play the other 6 days, no questions asked.  That would allow for a lot of weeks w/ two 3-game series, and a few w/ a 2-gamer and a 3-gamer.  No idea if it would work fully to get in the 162, since the minors play less games, but it lead to a built in rest day for every team, every week, all at the same time - no games w/ a fully rested team vs a team that just had 2 out of 4 days off and all that.   Obviously the players make big money; but its streaks like the one detailed in the OP where they really earn it.  That's a major grind.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now